The English Language Centre (ELC Brighton)
Mindfulness in Language Teaching
Accommodation Homestay / Residence / Hotel
Price Range £370.00 per week
Price Includes all course books/materials + e-learning
Beginners Not for beginners
Class Size 12 maximum
Course Length 2 weeks
Town / City & Region Brighton , South East England
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 22.5
Ages 21 - 99
Course Type Teachers
The MEI course is designed to help overseas teachers learn mindfulness and emotional intelligence for their own wellbeing and to apply in the classroom with their students. The content is taught using CLIL methodology to enhance both language and content learning.
In addition, you will have plenty of opportunities to develop your general language skills and review aspects of contemporary Britain.
This very practical course aims to provide participants with lots of ideas to help them reflect on and develop their current teaching practice by looking at:
- Their own wellbeing and motivation as teaching professionals.
- Their intrapersonal and interpersonal skills.
- How they can improve the classroom environment and learning outcomes.
- Ways of teaching social emotional learning through a second language.
- Creative ideas to use video, song and texts in the classroom for specific purposes.
- Ways of incorporating mindfulness and emotional intelligence into primary, secondary and tertiary education.
The Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence in Language Teaching course run by ELC Brighton is eligible for European Union funding through Erasmus+. See here for details of how to apply for EU funding.
For more detailed information see the Course Overview and Sample Timetable.