University of Sheffield English Language Teaching Centre
ELT Development Programme - Overseas Teacher Refresher Course
Accommodation Residence / Self-catering
Price Range £300.00 per week - £325.00 per week
Price Includes Some educational and social activities
Beginners Not for beginners
Class Size 16 maximum
Course Length 2 weeks
Town / City & Region Sheffield , North of England
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 25.0
Ages 21 - 99
Course Type Teachers
The English Language Teacher Development Programme has been designed with the needs of practicing overseas teachers in mind. The University of Sheffield English Language Teacher Centre staff have a range of qualifications and experience in many areas of ELT, and most have worked overseas in various parts of the world.
The programme has been approved for inclusion on the EU training database and can attract an EU Comenius or Grundtvig grant.
The aims of the programme are:
- to update skills and knowledge in English language teaching, including culture and e-learning.
- to improve teacher language skills and take the University of Sheffield English Proficiency Test (USEPT).
- to allow for sharing of good practice and resources amongst fellow international professionals.
- to build a network of teachers to continue development after having returned to home country.
- to gain a Certificate for Attendance and Language from a world class British University.
The content of the programme falls into several different categories:-
• ELT Methodology Seminars
• English Language Seminars
• ELT Resources Sessions
• E-learning Workshops
• Lesson Observations
• Educational Visits
• British Culture Lecture
• ELT Materials Display
• English Language Test (Optional)