The English Language Centre (ELC Brighton)
Introduction to Business English
Accommodation Homestay / Residence / Hotel
Price Range £311.00 per week
Beginners Not for beginners
Course Length 4 weeks
Town / City & Region Brighton , South East England
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 18.8
Course Type Business
The Introduction to Business English course is designed for students who are either at an early stage in their careers or students who have not yet started working.
The aim of the course is to give you a good general knowledge and understanding of the use of English in business situations. Initially, the course focuses primarily on key Business English skills, with an increasing emphasis on integrated exam practice and strategy sessions as it progresses.
You will be introduced to specific business-related skills such as:
- applying for a job (writing CV/resume + covering letter, job interviews)
- conducting and contributing to meetings and negotiations
- giving presentations
- writing reports
- socialising (welcoming visitors and making small talk)negotiating
- communicating effectively on the telephone
- corresponding effectively in business (emails, letters and memos)
- understanding inter-cultural differences
For more detailed information see the Course Overview and Sample Timetable.