English for Effective Communication
Price Range £595.00 per week
Price Includes Teaching, all materials, one afternoon excursion per week, tea/coffee at morning coffee break, WiFi
Beginners Not for beginners
Class Size 5 maximum
Course Length 1 weeks
Town / City & Region EDINBURGH , Scotland
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 30.0
Ages 18 - 100
Course Type Special Interest
This is a speaking and listening course for people who want to improve their spoken fluency and active listening skills in English language, and communicate successfully with people from other cultures in a range of everyday and business scenarios.
This course takes place once a month. Contact us for specific course dates.
What to expect:
- Learn how to communicate effectively across cultures
- Practise your conversation and communication skills, including turn-taking, interaction patterns, listening habits, and small talk
- Carry out discussion, problem-solving, and presentation tasks
- Learn about cross-cultural theory and how your cultural characteristics are different from people of other nationalities
- Discuss customs and traditions, and whether we can learn anything from stereotypes
- Practise your listening skills using a variety of authentic listening resources
- Receive corrective feedback on your English language skills to help you to improve your fluency and accuracy
What level is this course aimed at?
- Reflecting real world and workplace multi-level communication situations, this course is open to B1 level and above