Norwich Institute for Language Education (NILE)School Info
Click here to visit our website
- 78-80 Upper St Giles Street,
Norwich NR2 1LT,
- QR Code
About UsContact UsOur CoursesLocal Agents
Welcome to NILE!
NILE is a specialist teacher development institute that provides courses of the highest quality for teachers from all over the world. Each year we welcome more than a thousand language teachers, trainers and other language education professionals and we currently cover the following main areas:
- Professional development programmes for English language teachers and trainers, both face to face and online
- Professional development programmes for CLIL teachers (using English as a medium of instruction), including vocational teachers
- CELTA and Delta training, delivered by INTO TEFL (as an accredited centre for Cambridge English)
- BEC and TKT exam preparation courses by arrangement
- International consultancy
- International project management
- Delivery of short courses, seminars and workshops worldwide
- One-to-one and executive language training
NILE has grown to become the biggest single provider of professional development courses for EL teachers, trainers and other education professionals in Europe, and all our teacher training courses qualify for European funding. We are members of EnglishUK, British Council and Eaquals accredited and an official examination centre for Cambridge exams. NILE is one of the very few private UK organisations accredited to run courses offering qualifications up to Master’s level and we also run Cambridge English exam preparation courses by special arrangement.
The trainers associated with NILE all have extensive experience of designing and delivering courses for teachers, as well as of teaching English. The team includes coursebook writers and ESOL examiners and our Advisory Board includes ELT professionals with international reputations.
Since 1995 we have run hundreds of courses for thousands of participants from over 60 different countries. These courses are both open-enrolment for individual applicants and tailor-made for closed groups, specially designed for education ministries, higher education institutions and companies.
We are proud to open a new summer centre in 2015, giving our participant a choice of training in medieval Norwich or urban Manchester.
When you come to NILE, you can be assured of:
- Teaching of the highest quality, one of NILE's 'areas of excellence'
- Classes which are sensitive to your individual needs, varied, practical and with reference to relevant theory
- A team of experienced trainers, who are experts in their chosen fields of ELT
- A personal approach from the time you make an enquiry or decide to enrol with us. Our Registrar and our Academic Directors can advise you on courses and help with any questions you may have
- Outstanding support from our academic and student services teams, who are there to help you get the most out of your course and your time in Norwich
- A varied and interesting cultural and social programme at no extra cost, exploring Norwich unique position as a safe, yet vibrant regional capital with easy access to the Norfolk broads and spectacular coastline, or Manchester with all a major European city has to offer.
- A dedicated accommodation team to find accommodation to suit your needs
- A 24-hour emergency helpline, so assistance is always on hand
- Excellent resources and facilities; a brand new learning and teaching centre (opened in 2012), free access to an extensive library and computer lab with high-speed broadband and free Wi-Fi
- A chance to meet, talk to and share experiences with fellow ELT professionals from Europe and worldwide