Enquire about this Course
Beginners Not for beginners
Town / City & Region Distance learning , North of England
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 0.0
Course Type Teachers
This course is for experienced in-service language teachers who wish to develop their career into English for academic purposes (EAP).
The course is designed to
• broaden your understanding of how language works
• increase your knowledge of how it is learned or acquired
• explore a range of EAP issues
• develop a specialist expertise in a specific area, while building experience in the methodologies that underpin educational research
• enhance reflection skills based around your individual setting
This course improves your ability to
• evaluate critically areas of the EAP profession’s theory and practice
• extend your knowledge and understanding in specialist areas
• complete an EAP research project related to your working situation
You study core areas such as language analysis, the EAP learner, teaching in different academic and cultural contexts and specialist issues in EAP.
You also focus on an area of EAP relevant to your teaching and explore it further through research, usually based in your own workplace. This research is normally useful to your professional development and to your workplace.
This distance learning course is supported with the university's virtual learning environment. No face-to-face attendance is required as you become part of an international community of teachers through on-line discussion and receive email and SKYPE support from tutors.