Price Range £883.34 per week - £1,480.00 per week
Price Includes Tuition, accomodation, activities and excursions, all meals, airport transfers, insurance, certificate and report at the end.
Beginners Beginners Welcome
Class Size 12 maximum
Course Length 1 weeks - 6 weeks
Town / City & Region Cambridge , Eastern England
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 21.0
Ages 16 - 19
Course Type Junior
Based at Ridley Hall College and Newnham College. Both were built in the 1800s with beautiful Victorian Gothic architecture. They are just 5 to 10 minutes’ walk from the historic city centre. Ridley Hall is affiliated with the University of Cambridge with a classic campus around a green courtyard. Newnham College is equally beautiful with its famous extensive gardens. It is one of the 31 Cambridge University colleges and is located next door to Ridley. All accommodation is residential with shared bathrooms on-campus or within easy walking distance.
- Set in lovely lawned gardens
- On-campus university accommodation
- Only 5 to 10 minutes’ walk from the city centre
- Traditional and modern college dining halls
- Lecture hall
- Nearby indoor and outdoor sports facilities
- Free Wi-Fi available (in certain areas)
ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS
- Residential accommodation, in traditional Cambridge University rooms
- Single or twin bedrooms
- Shared bathrooms
- Free laundry facilities (students do their own washing)
- A change of bed linen once per week
- All meals, with hot and cold meal options
- Packed lunches on excursion days
- 28 lessons (21 hours) or 20 Lessons (15 hours) of English language teaching per week
- Levels from elementary to advanced
- International classes
- Average class size 12
- Maximum class size 16
- All educational materials
- Placement test
- Certificate of Studies
- Academic Report
20 lessons (15 hours) each week of English lessons, typically in the mornings, with additional sports and social activities outside of class time.
20 lessons (15 hours) of English language instruction each week plus 8 lessons (6 hours) of Academic skills or English language skills.
Lessons will be available to students at intermediate English level or above. Students below intermediate English level will take skills lessons which will help to further improve general English skills. Academic skills lessons focus on improving confidence in classes and lectures. Skills covered include:
- Preparing presentations
- Academic research on the Internet
- Debating current issues
- Reading between the lines
Students can choose to take the IELTS examination on specific dates. Please contact us at the time of enrolling for full availability. This examination is at an additional cost, estimated at £185.
This camp is designed for mature teenagers - half-way between a course for adults and a children’s camp. Students will be expected to observe the camp rules, which include attending all classes, compulsory activities and excursions. The camp offers some free time and the option of opting out of evening activities allows up to 6 hours of unsupervised free time each day. Students must be in residence by 21:30 each evening and in bedrooms by 23:00. There is a strict ban on smoking and alcohol on the campus. This applies to all students, regardless of age.