Academic Summer - 15-17 year olds
Price Range £1,450.00 per week
Price Includes Academic programme, accommodation, full board, activities, trips, insurance, laundry and airport transfers
Beginners Not for beginners
Class Size 15 maximum
Course Length 1 weeks - 6 weeks
Town / City & Region Sidcot school near Bristol , South West England
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 30.0
Ages 15 - 17
Course Type Academic Purposes
Academic Summer is the home of versatile summer learning, exciting trips and fun activities.
- aged 15 – 17 will follow our Engagers programme. Our teachers all have a passion for education and this enthusiasm is tangible in the lessons as they take their students on a journey of discovery to show them exactly why their subjects are so exciting and relevant. choose their subjects and write the timetable around their choices.
We offer the following subject options:
Design and technology (Bristol only)
Economics business and entrepreneurship
Environmental systems and societies
History and Politics
Presentation and Interviews
Theory of knowledge
Do you like Art and Music or Economics and Maths or Physics and Chemistry?
It is YOUR choice, it is YOUR summer!
In your lessons you will:
- get excited about learning (again) and review your study skills
- experience the practical nature of the subject - how you can apply it in your life?
- enjoy using modern technology - not just for fun, but also to learn more
- explore a variety of cultures
- recognise that culture impacts how we understand a subject work together to help one another understand challenging concepts and functions
- discuss a range of different media and materials.
Learning is a fascinating journey... and we want to help you to make the most of it. Academic Summer's broad range of exhilarating leisure activities will introduce you to practical leadership skills, curious drama workshops, creative art competitions, canoeing or quizzes, there are endless opportunities to learn new skills and make friends along the way. We also run weekday and weekend trips to some of the UK’s most iconic sights including Oxford, Windsor, London, Bristol, Bath and much more.
- part of the Academic Summer camp experience, you will participate in our unique CPD-accredited Be a Leader course . Develop your skills including adaptability, flexibility, leadership, teamwork, critical thinking, and presentation. Meet our highly successful guest speakers who will inspire you and offer you advice to help you reach your goals. Be a Leader helps you to understand yourself, your skills, strengths and weaknesses. You’ll do a series of tests which will shine a light on your true potential and help you to make better, well-informed decisions about your future. We’ll help you to be happy, confident and capable of doing things you never thought you could
Camp counsellors are always available to support, encourage and celebrate our campers. Teachers will use tutor times to talk about how you are finding life at the school and to support anyone who might be struggling in their new environment . Through praise and encouragement, we will help you to see how far you have come and how much you can do if you continue to work hard. We believe that this will help everyone to achieve success in all areas of academic and social life.
This programme is running at Sidcot School near Bristol in July and August. You can choose to come from 1 to 6 weeks. We suggest a minimum of 2 weeks to reap the full benefits.
If you wish to apply, please click here