Norwich Institute for Language Education (NILE)
Online: Content and Language Integrated Learning
Price Range £41.25 per week
Beginners Not for beginners
Class Size 16 maximum
Course Length 12 weeks
Town / City & Region , Central England
Tuition Style Combination of Group and One to One Tuition
Tuition Hours Per Week 0.0
Ages 18 - 65
Course Type Online
Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) is the practice of teaching subjects such as science, mathematics or history in English to learners whose first language is not English.
This online course helps you to become an educational practitioner ready to support learners in bilingual or multilingual CLIL settings.
You will explore the particular needs of CLIL learners, discover ideas to use in a CLIL classroom and develop the know-how to design your own CLIL activities.
Throughout the course you will be able to share, discuss and collaborate with other learners.
The aims of the Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) course are:
• To discover what CLIL is
• To identify and use a range of teaching strategies for supporting learners to achieve both subject and language learning outcomes
• To develop effective CLIL activities
• To plan effective CLIL lessons
• To reflect on work completed on the course and to identify areas for continuing professional development
Who should apply
For those teachers without a recognised national/international teaching qualification and/or minimal experience.
How to apply
• Go to the NILE website at www.nile-elt.com Click on the online courses tab and select the course you are interested in.
• In the Dates & Fees tab, choose which course you would like to attend
• If you already have a NILE account, sign in on the website
• If you do not already have a NILE account, register on the website and then sign in
• Complete the full online enrolment and payment process
• Once we have received notification of your payment, you will be provided with all necessary pre-course documentation
Your fees should be paid in full prior to starting your course.