Norwich Institute for Language Education (NILE)
Online On Demand: Language Awareness - Understanding English for Teaching and Learning
Price Range £40.00 per week
Beginners Not for beginners
Class Size 16 maximum
Course Length 12 weeks
Town / City & Region , Eastern England
Tuition Style Combination of Group and One to One Tuition
Tuition Hours Per Week 0.0
Ages 18 - 65
Course Type Online
This course is available on demand for groups of 4 or more.Course fees negotiable.
This professional language course for teachers of English aims to consolidate teachers’ pedagogical language knowledge and to develop their confidence and competence in using the language in the classroom.
The 8-unit programme addresses both the teaching of language and the language of teaching and contains tasks and activities focusing on the principles and practice of Communicative Language Teaching, understanding and teaching grammar, lexis and phonology, and on two key areas of classroom language – the language of instructions and the language of feedback.
The course includes a wide variety of interactive and reflective tasks, including:
• discussion and debate with colleagues and tutors
• responding to surveys and questionnaires
• directed reading
• lesson observation and analysis of classroom language
• reflection on participants’ own use of classroom language
To complete the course, participants will be required to complete an assignment based on a text of their choosing and to demonstrate their language awareness and practical understanding of all the concepts dealt with throughout the programme by showing how they would exploit the text for language learning purposes in a specified context.
At NILE we are committed to offering the best in language teacher training. As such, we provide tutorial contact in our online courses as well as in our campus courses. Online participants will receive allocated tutor interaction and feedback in each unit they take.
Online courses are broken down into individual units and activities, forming a clear structure. Tasks will be interactive, involving voice chat, forums and community walls, and they will utilize a range of multimedia including images, audio files and videos.
Who can apply
For those teachers with a recognised initial teaching qualification and 1+ year of teaching experience; or extensive teaching experience but no recognised teaching qualification.
How to apply
• Go to the NILE website at www.nile-elt.com Click on the online courses tab and choose the course you are interested in.
• In the Dates & Fees tab, choose which course you would like to attend
• If you already have a NILE account, sign in on the website
• If you do not already have a NILE account, register on the website and then sign in
• Complete the full online enrolment and payment process
• Once we have received notification of your payment, you will be provided with all necessary pre-course documentation
Your fees should be paid in full prior to starting your course.