Marymount - English + Multi-Activity (8-13 years)
Price Range £1,300.00 per week
Price Includes Tuition, full board residential accommodation, 1 full day and 1 half day excursion per week, full social programme 7 days a week, laundry, medical and travel insurance, return airport transfers
Beginners Beginners Welcome
Class Size 12 maximum
Course Length 1 weeks - 4 weeks
Town / City & Region Kingston , South East England
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 20.0
Ages 8 - 13
Course Type Junior
Marymount is a small, safe centre, close to London. Ideal for young learners, many of whom may be away from home for the first time.
Marymount International School is located on a private estate just 18km from central London. The campus is ideal for young children. It is safe, compact and has many excellent facilities, set in beautiful, landscaped lawns and gardens. Heathrow is 45 minutes away.
- 20 hours' tuition per week including English Skills and English Workshops e.g. British fairy tales, FabLab, Music performance, Life in Space, Pop Art
- FabLab - Learn Lego robotics, design/build your own Lego cars, create a video game using Scratch
- Maximum class size: 12 international students
- The Trinity Exam in Spoken English is offered on 12 and 26 July. It is optional but highly recommended (£95)
- Full and varied afternoon and evening programme including a variety of indoor and outdoor sports, arts & crafts, games, competitions and evening entertainments
- 1 full day excursion per week and 1 half day excursion per week e.g. London (London Eye, Thames river cruise), Chessington World of Adventures, Kew Gardens, Hampton Court Palace, Legoland, Kensington Palace, Adventure Sports (e.g. team building)
- Circus skills and carnival drumming workshops
- Staff/student ratio 1:4 (often 1:3) which ensures a high degree of care and very close supervision
- Small, attractively furnished and extremely well-kept bedrooms (1-4 beds)
- Special Sports Options (offered on 2 afternoons per week at extra cost) - Horse-riding and Tennis
- Free arrival/departure transfers for Heathrow or Gatwick airports
- Day students join the morning and afternoon programme from Monday to Friday
- PLUS: Lots of opportunties to experience British culture and speak English with our English Student Hosts!
To find out more go to www.discoverysummer.co.uk/marymount.php
Click here to see a video of Discovery Summer Marymount in action.